Are you looking for a new hairdresser to give you a fab new look this Christmas? If so, here are seven important attributes of a good hairdresser.
1. One of the most important things you may want from your new hairdresser will be experience. If your stylist has worked in the industry for many years, then it’s probably because they’ve been doing something right.
2. There’s no substitute for talent, so if you know of a hairdresser who has created fantastic hairstyles for friends or family members, you may be well aware of their talent already.
3. One of the most frustrating things about hairdressers is that the good ones are always busy. However, if they’re forever unavailable, there’s little point even trying to get an appointment. Find a hairdresser that’s busy, but also available when booking in advance.
4. Stylists charge a wide range of prices, depending on level and experience, but the important thing is to make sure you get value for money. Someone who overcharges, regardless of ability, will not be the one for you.
5. One of the most important attributes of any service-led industry is that the people you engage with are friendly and pleasant. Finding a hairdresser that is nice to talk to is important, especially if you’re likely to spend a long time in the salon.
6. During any hair consultation, it’s absolutely vital you get sound advice rather than someone who says ‘yes’ to everything. A good hairdresser will be able to provide constructive feedback on the styles you request and, in some cases, will be able to help you avoid mistakes.
7. You’ll want to find a hairdresser whose location is convenient for you to get to. That may be close to your workplace or you home.
For example, you may need hairdressers in Birmingham. In which case, you may benefit from using a Birmingham directory to find a shortlist of salons in the city.
LocalMole.co.uk is a local business directory which provides information and user-reviews on a broad range of businesses throughout the UK, including bars in Birmingham and Birmingham electricians.